Barn Surgery Patient Participation Group
Who are we?
We are a small group of patients who have volunteered to work together for the benefit of both the practice and its patients (which number around 4,000).
Each GP practice in England is required to have a Patient Participation Group (PPG) and the Barn Surgery is no exception.
The PPG for the Barn Surgery has been in existence for a number of years but since the start of Covid the PPG effectively ceased working. This was corrected when a new group of patients came together at the end of 2022. The PPG has since already met on a number of occasions with the Practice Manager and the GPs.
What do we do?
The PPG plays a number of roles including:
- Acting as a focal point for patients to advise of improvements that can be made and then PPG liaising with the surgery
- Organising health promotion events
- Communicating with the wider patient body
- Carrying out research into the views of those who use the practice (and their carers)
- Fundraising to improve the services provided by the practice. The PPG receives no funding, it relies upon fundraising or bequests.
Would you like to join the PPG?
As at October 2023 there are 8 of us representing the approximately 4,000 patients of the Barn Surgery. We would welcome any other patient who would like to join the PPG to help further enhance the service that the practice offers and to increase knowledge within the patient community of services that are available to every patient.
If you are interested then please either telephone Carol Wright on 07701 357022, complete the online form on this website or ask at the reception.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.